MDOTM is the European leader in AI-driven investment strategies. Founded in 2015, in 2017, we were the only European fintech startup selected by Google for their acceleration program in Silicon Valley. Since then, we have been growing continuously and successfully completed a Series A funding round (€ 2 M) in 2018 and Series B (€ 6.2 M) in September 2021. We have offices in London and Milan and we collaborate with prestigious universities through our research lab.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment and you are willing to take ownership, this is the right opportunity for you! Join us!
Your role and primary responsibilities
To further build out our Business Development team and to capture the momentum that MDOTM has generated on the market, we are looking for an experienced business developer with at least 10 years of experience and a proven track record of winning business.
The successful candidate should be able to draw on a well-established and expansive network and has to be able to convey a technical topic in an understandable way. Due to AI-driven investment strategies’ novel nature, we are looking for a creative thinker with an outgoing personality who wants to help shape the investment industry’s latest development. Entrepreneurial thinking will be a critical component of success in this role.
As one of the leading providers of AI-driven investment strategies in Europe, we offer a dynamic environment in one of the most trendsetting industries and the opportunity to substantially shape the success of MDOTM.
Main location: London Office.
Your tasks will include
- Substantially increasing revenues across MDOTM’s product range
- Identifying, building and improving a pipeline of new business opportunities based on in-depth market and competitor analysis
- Conducting a disciplined, focused and creative business development process that leads to lasting client relationships and a well-diversified client base
- Using your existing network and building new relationships to expand the awareness about MDOTM
- Thinking outside the box to develop an approach to stay relevant for clients and prospects
- Applying a “client-first” approach in building relationships with clients and prospects
- Arranging and conducting meetings with prospects and clients
- Identifying unmet market segments and develop strategies to address them
- Providing trustworthy feedback to the management to refine and strengthen the existing product offering
- Preparing and structuring documents and marketing material for meetings and events
Skills and experience required
- A proven track record of winning business from leading asset owners/asset gatherers
- 8+ years of experience in the role
- Strong experience in an international environment within the asset management industry
- Experience in working with consultants
- Excellent listening, communication and negotiation skills
- Being seen as a trusted partner by their clients
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Engineering or International relations; CFA is not required but considered a plus
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- The person has to be able to work in a young non-hierarchical company and be a strategic thinker with enthusiasm to execute tactically
- The person we are looking for is a motivated self-starter and a strong problem solver with the ability to think outside the box and exceed set business goals
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to build a sustainable business
- A business-owner attitude instead of an employee attitude