MDOTM is a fintech company that provides understandable AI-driven investment strategies that clients can control. Founded in 2015, in 2017, we were the only European fintech company selected for the Silicon Valley acceleration program powered by Google for Entrepreneurs. Since then, we have been growing continuously and now have clients across Europe. We apply Artificial Intelligence and advanced statistical techniques to vast amounts of financial data to develop investment strategies that exploit market inefficiencies. We work closely with our clients, which are exclusively institutional investors, to support high-level technology in their investment decision process.
Your role and primary responsibilities
To further build out our Business Development team and to capture the momentum that MDOTM has generated in the Italian market, we are looking for an experienced business developer with at least 10 years of experience and a proven track record of winning business in the Italian institutional and sub-advisory market (a broader coverage is a benefit but not a must).
The successful candidate should be able to draw on a well-established and expansive network and has to be able to convey a technical topic in an understandable way. Due to AI-driven investment strategies’ novel nature, we are looking for a creative thinker with an outgoing personality who wants to help shape the investment industry’s latest development. Entrepreneurial thinking will be a critical component of success in this role.
As one of the leading providers of AI-driven investment strategies in Europe, we offer a dynamic environment in one of the most trendsetting industries and the opportunity to substantially shape the success of MDOTM.
Your tasks will include
- Substantially increasing revenues across MDOTM’s product range
- Identifying, building and improving a pipeline of new business opportunities based on in-depth market and competitor analysis
- Conducting a disciplined, focused and creative business development process that leads to lasting client relationships and a well-diversified client base
- Using your existing network and building new relationships to expand the awareness about MDOTM
- Coverage of Italy and, potentially, Southern Europe
- Thinking outside the box to develop an approach to stay relevant for clients and prospects
- Applying a “client-first” approach in building relationships with clients and prospects
- Arranging and conducting meetings with prospects and clients
- Identifying unmet market segments and develop strategies to address them
- Providing trustworthy feedback to the management to refine and strengthen the existing product offering
- Preparing and structuring documents and marketing material for meetings and events
Skills and experience required
- A proven track record of winning business from leading asset owners in Italy and Southern Europe
- Strong experience in an international environment within the asset management industry
- Experience in working with consultants
- Excellent listening, communication and negotiation skills
- Being seen as a trusted partner by their clients
- Fluent in English and Italian, both spoken and written
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Engineering or International relations; CFA is not required but considered a plus
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- The person has to able to work in a young non-hierarchical company and be a strategic thinker with enthusiasm to execute tactically
- The person we are looking for is a motivated self-starter and a strong problem solver with the ability to think outside the box and exceed set business goals
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to build a sustainable business
- A business-owner attitude instead of an employee attitude