MDOTM is the European leader in AI-driven investment strategies. MDOTM’s ALICE™ technology uses deep learning techniques to continuously analyse millions of market data points to improve investment decision making.
Founded in 2015, in 2017, we were the only European fintech startup selected by Google for their acceleration program in Silicon Valley. Since then, we have been growing continuously and successfully completed a Series A funding round (€ 2 M) in 2018 and Series B (€ 6.2 M) in September 2021. We have offices in London and Milan and we collaborate with prestigious universities through our research lab.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment and you are willing to take ownership, this is the right opportunity for you! Join us!
Your role and primary responsibilities
MDOTM is looking for an enthusiastic Office Manager to join our growing team in Milan. As an Office Manager, you will be in charge of the daily management of our Milan and London offices by providing a smooth running of the service. You will be a key contact person and provide support to the different teams, and you will work in close contact with the company’s management to coordinate MDOTM activities and to deploy our internal policies.
Location: Milan Office.
Your tasks will include
- Being responsible for the front office activities and receiving guests
- Researching, selecting, contacting and managing suppliers
- Monitoring stock levels and purchasing needed stationery and supplies for the office and for the kitchen
- Managing office budgets and monitoring office expenses
- Being responsible for the maintenance of the buildings, including liaising with subcontractors and service suppliers
- Managing correspondence with suppliers and other external stakeholders
- Supporting the organization of company events (Annual Retreat, monthly aperitivos, Xmas Party, etc...)
- Making travel arrangements (trains, flights, visa, hotel booking and reservations)
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
- Proposing developments or activities to improve the day-to-day employee satisfaction
Skills and experience required
- Previous working experience in a similar role or in customer service is a plus
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and creative problem solver who is able to take responsibility and operate with a minimum of direct supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English and Italian, both spoken and written
- Strong organizational skills, working swiftly under tight deadlines and able to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Highly confidential, discreet, and trustworthy person