MDOTM is the European leader in developing AI-driven strategies for institutional investors. Having raised north of € 8.2M in two high profile funding rounds backed by top-class investors, MDOTM is a strongly capitalized scaleup with an ambitious growth trajectory.
We work closely with our clients to provide them with reliable, robust and bespoke models that enhance their investment decision processes.
Our mission is to bring the scientific method into the world of investments. And we do so by exploiting the latest breakthrough technologies as well as powerful statistical techniques.
We have offices in Milan and London and we work together with top-notch universities through our research lab.
Our company culture is rooted in our core values:
- never quit, never give up
- think big and innovative
- we are one team: always trust and empower people
The candidate will be fully immersed in a young and dynamic engineering team in our Milan office, with the opportunity to be the one who makes the difference in discovering new data-driven insights. You will be independent and can manage your own schedule but will be working with an international and diverse team of people that together have the mission to enhance how investment decisions are taken by leveraging AI models.
MDOTM combines mature technologies with cutting edge ones, ensuring the candidate a fast professional growth and to stay up to date with the latest tech trends.
What We Offer
- Huge impact on the team. Being a small company will give you the opportunity to be a relevant person and your choices will be determinant.
- Relevant products. We are building AI solutions that will change investment decision processes at scale.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cutting edge tech stack. Building great innovative products means using the right technology and here in MDOTM, we have a good mixture of it.
- Fun, young environment. We have a near-zero hierarchy and a challenging workplace. Also, we’re 30 years old on average and often hang out together, so you might actually end up making new friends!
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international: our company language is English, while Italian comes second.
Your tasks will include
- Writing and implementing clean and efficient code
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Identifying areas for modification or improvement in existing software and subsequently developing these modifications
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
You are a brilliant Java developer / engineer with a passion for building modular and complex applications. You are used to navigating architectural complexity and to write good quality code, easy to read and debug.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical fields
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Excellent teamwork skills are a must
- Good knowledge of Java programming language
- Good knowledge of the Spring framework
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them both in team and independently
- Willing to work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Knowledge of how financial markets work
- Good knowledge in Python
- Open source projects/contributions we could look at
- DevOps practices
- Knowledge of AWS
- Interest in Big Data tools and framework like Apache Spark
- Flexible smart working policies
- Annual retreat for the team in an awesome location
- Professional development
- Free coffee and snacks
- Office kitchen and common spaces