MDOTM is a fintech company that provides understandable AI-driven investment strategies that clients can control. Founded in 2015, in 2017 we were the only European fintech company selected for the Silicon Valley acceleration program powered by Google for Entrepreneurs. Since then we have been growing continuously and now have clients across Europe. We apply Artificial Intelligence and advanced statistical techniques to vast amounts of financial data to develop investment strategies that exploit market inefficiencies. We work closely with our clients, which are exclusively institutional investors, to support them with high-level technology in their investment decision process.
Your role and primary responsibilities
We are looking for a visionary Head of MDOTM Platform who will work alongside the R&D, Engineering and Mission Control teams to create, grow and evolve the MDOTM Platform. In this role, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer and the Chief Operating Officer to craft and implement a vision for the MDOTM Platform.
The MDOTM Platform aims to improve clients’ experience by developing a new interface that allows clients to interact autonomously with MDOTM’s Artificial Intelligence, and that can be easily implemented into their investment processes.
- You think like a startup founder. Maybe you’ve been one yourself, or maybe you just think that way. You are creative and you want to be part of something great.
- You are a builder. You aren't excited to make incremental improvements to something already great. Rather, you want to create great from the ground up.
- You get the job done. And by that we mean not just “I can do it” bold but also “I will figure it out”. You're bold.
- You like being on a team. You care more about learning than being right. And you say “we” far more frequently than “me”.
Your tasks will include
- Directly (and hands-on) leading the building and running of a best-in-class automated platform.
- Evolve the architecture so that it remains best-in-class and a competitive advantage
- Ensuring scalability, performance and resilience of the platform, including adequate backups, disaster recovery etc.
- Be a leader in designing and creating an intuitive and elegant UX/UI
- Build, lead, and grow a highly collaborative front-end/back-end developers team
- Thinking as a user: you need to be a user yourself to develop a successful product.
- Being always up to date on the latest developments and breakthroughs in the field
- Validate ideas with prototypes
Skills and experience required
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business or Computer Science, or related technical fields
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Understanding of in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is a plus
- Hands-on experience in programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java, MatLab, or R is a strong plus
- Creativity and ability to solve problems both in team and independently
- Willing to work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones and meeting deadlines