MDOTM is the European leader in developing AI-driven strategies for institutional investors. Having raised north of € 8.2M in two high profile funding rounds backed by top-class investors, MDOTM is a strongly capitalized scaleup with an ambitious growth trajectory.
We work closely with our clients to provide them with reliable, robust and bespoke models that enhance their investment decision processes.
Our mission is to bring the scientific method into the world of investments. And we do so by exploiting the latest breakthrough technologies as well as powerful statistical techniques.
We have offices in Milan and London and we work together with top-notch universities through our research lab.
Our company culture is rooted in our core values:
- never quit, never give up
- think big and innovative
- we are one team: always trust and empower people
The candidate will be fully immersed in a young and dynamic research team in our London office, with the opportunity to be the one who makes the difference in discovering new data-driven insights. You will be independent and can manage your own schedule but will be working with an international and diverse team of people that together have the mission to enhance how investment decisions are taken by leveraging AI models.
MDOTM combines mature technologies with cutting edge ones, ensuring the candidate a fast professional growth and to stay up to date with the latest tech trends.
Moreover, you will get a unique opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders and prestigious universities to develop new research projects.
What We Offer
- Huge impact on the team. Being a small company will give you the opportunity to be a relevant person and your choices will be determinant.
- Relevant products. We are building AI solutions that will change investment decision processes at scale.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cutting edge tech stack. Building great innovative products means using the right technology and here in MDOTM, we have a good mixture of it.
- Fun, young environment. We have a near-zero hierarchy and a challenging workplace. Also, we’re 30 years old on average and often hang out together, so you might actually end up making new friends!
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international: our company language is English, while Italian comes second.
Your tasks will include
- Researching, designing and implementing appropriate machine learning algorithms
- Selecting appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Running machine learning tests, experiment and performing statistical analysis
- Present in a clear and concise way complex results using intuitive and beautiful data visualisations
- Extending existing AI/ML libraries and frameworks
- Being always up to date on the latest developments and breakthroughs in the field
- Working smoothly as part of the R&D team and collaborating with different business functions on the entire lifecycle of the projects
You are a brilliant data scientist with a strong data intuition, with a proven experience implementing predictive models and you love to approach problems with a scientific research approach.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical fields
- 2+ years of work experience in a industry, university, or government lab, in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
- Strong skills in statistical modeling and machine learning, especially techniques such as bagging, random forests, gradient boosting, hyperparameter optimization techniques, Bayesian models, neural networks, time series analysis, signal processing etc.
- Relevant coding experience in programming languages such as Python (or equivalent)
- Excellent teamwork skills are a must
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them both in team and independently
- Willing to work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones and meeting deadlines
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Knowledge of how financial markets work
- Knowledge of JAVA and Spring framework
- Proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of AWS
- Interest in Big Data tools and framework like Apache Spark
- Flexible smart working policies
- Annual retreat for the team in an awesome location
- Professional development
- Free coffee and snacks
- Office kitchen and common spaces