MDOTM is the European leader in developing AI-driven strategies for institutional investors. Having raised north of € 8.2M in two high profile funding rounds backed by top-class investors, MDOTM is a strongly capitalized scaleup with an ambitious growth trajectory.
We work closely with our clients to provide them with reliable, robust and bespoke models that enhance their investment decision processes.
Our mission is to bring the scientific method into the world of investments. And we do so by exploiting the latest breakthrough technologies as well as powerful statistical techniques.
We have offices in Milan and London and we work together with top-notch universities through our research lab.
Our company culture is rooted in our core values:
- never quit, never give up
- think big and innovative
- we are one team: always trust and empower people
MDOTM is looking for interns to work alongside our engineers and quantitative researchers. These part-time / full time internships are a unique opportunity for someone currently pursuing a software-oriented training who wishes to gain hands-on experience in an industry setting. You will have the opportunity to work on a collaborative team and be paired with technical mentors throughout the course of the program.
Qualifications and Requirements
Work directly with our Engineering division and with our R&D team on data infrastructure, internal analysis tool enhancement and report generation modules both for clients and internal stakeholders. You will basically contribute to improving the existing frameworks as well as help paving the way for brand-new internal projects.
In order to effectively be part of MDOTM, the candidate must be someone who is:
- Bachelor or Graduate Students in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent training
- A digital builder, who likes to get her/his hands dirty, ship code and get stuff done
- A well-rounded student with a good track record of academic achievements and broad based extra-curricular interests
The ideal candidate for the position will be someone who has or is interested in:
- Coding experience with at least one between Python and Java
- Result driven attitude, ability to work under pressure, and desire to work collaboratively within a team
- Comfortable working with complex and large datasets
- High standard of professionalism in all situations
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
- Good attention to detail and organization skills
What We Offer
- Impact. Being a small company will give you the opportunity to be a relevant person and your choices will be impactful from day 0.
- You’ll get the chance to learn some of the brightest and most skilled people you will ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cutting edge tech stack. Building great innovative products means using the right technology and here in MDOTM we have a good mixture of it.
- Fun, young environment. We have near-zero hierarchy and a challenging workplace. Also, we’re 30 years old on average and often hang out together, so you might actually end up making new friends!
- Get stuff done. You’ll be immersed in a young scaleup environment, which means you will learn how to take ownership of your tasks, organize your working routine effectively.
- You are here to stay. We invest in talented people because we want to retain them.
We know you’re here to learn, so you don't need to be able to do everything we listed: the more you can, the more you'll have fun!