MDOTM is the European leader in developing AI-driven strategies for institutional investors. Having raised north of € 8.2M in two high profile funding rounds backed by top-class investors, MDOTM is a strongly capitalized scaleup with an ambitious growth trajectory.
We work closely with our clients to provide them with reliable, robust and bespoke models that enhance their investment decision processes.
Our mission is to bring the scientific method into the world of investments. And we do so by exploiting the latest breakthrough technologies as well as powerful statistical techniques.
We have offices in Milan and London and we work together with top-notch universities through our research lab.
Our company culture is rooted in our core values:
- never quit, never give up
- think big and innovative
- we are one team: always trust and empower people
The candidate will be fully immersed in a young and dynamic engineering team in our Milan office, with the opportunity to be the one who makes the difference in discovering new data-driven insights. You will be independent and can manage your own schedule but will be working with an international and diverse team of people that together have the mission to enhance how investment decisions are taken by leveraging AI models.
MDOTM combines mature technologies with cutting edge ones, ensuring the candidate a fast professional growth and to stay up to date with the latest tech trends.
What We Offer
- Huge impact on the team. Being a small company will give you the opportunity to be a relevant person and your choices will be determinant.
- Relevant products. We are building AI solutions that will change investment decision processes at scale.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cutting edge tech stack. Building great innovative products means using the right technology and here in MDOTM, we have a good mixture of it.
- Fun, young environment. We have a near-zero hierarchy and a challenging workplace. Also, we’re 30 years old on average and often hang out together, so you might actually end up making new friends!
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international: our company language is English, while Italian comes second.
Your tasks will include
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts and other software engineers to build a best-in-class experience both internally and for our customers
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into internal applications
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Implement data validation and data cleaning pipelines
- Support the team with data-informed research ideas
You are a brilliant Python engineer with a strong data intuition, with a proven experience implementing predictive models and you love to approach problems with a scientific research approach.
- Bachelor, Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical fields
- At least 1 year of work experience in a industry, university, or government lab, in a role with primary emphasis on data modeling/management
- Good knowledge of Python and the Pythonic way of solving problems
- Basic knowledge of the main libraries for data visualization and manipulation
- Basic knowledge of the main libraries for data modeling and machine learning
- Basic knowledge of the Flask
- Basic knowledge of SQL and bash scripting
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (GIT)
- Knowledge of how financial markets work
- Good knowledge of Pandas
- Good knowledge of matplotlib, seaborn, plotly and similar libraries
- Good knowledge of either TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Knowledge of JAVA and Spring framework
- Familiar with unit testing
- Understanding of machine learning and scikit-learn
- Open source projects/contributions we could look at
- Knowledge of AWS
- Flexible smart working policies
- Annual retreat for the team in an awesome location
- Professional development
- Free coffee and snacks
- Office kitchen and common spaces