MDOTM is the European leader in AI-driven investment strategies. Founded in 2015, in 2017, we were the only European fintech startup selected by Google for their acceleration program in Silicon Valley. Since then, we have been growing continuously and successfully completed a Series A funding round (€ 2 M) in 2018 and Series B (€ 6.2 M) in September 2021. We have offices in London and Milan and we collaborate with prestigious universities through our research lab.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment and you are willing to take ownership, this is the right opportunity for you! Join us!
Your role and primary responsibilities
MDOTM is looking for an outstanding Head of Mission Control and Risk Management with proven knowledge in finance and statistics and strong analytical skills. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring, mitigating and managing all types of risk in MDOTM’s portfolios. You will have to provide context and clear explanations on our AI-driven strategies, and lead a team in providing our clients with accurate, timely, relevant information and reports on their portfolios.
Location: London Office.
Your tasks will include
- Monitor the ongoing application of MDOTM’s models and related outputs on a daily basis and be in charge of investment communication with clients
- Develop and implement an integrated risk management framework, with appropriate tools for the measurement, reporting and control of financial and non-financial risks
- Reporting to the Investment Committee and producing relevant documentation
- Ensuring investment decisions are consistent with the client’s portfolio stated objectives and constraints
- Coordinating the daily monitoring of the client’s portfolios and acting in a timely manner under exceptional market circumstances to ensure portfolios maintain an adequate risk
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of all aspects of investments and markets as well as of all the technicalities regarding MDOTM’s portfolio construction
- Implementing in the reporting dashboard a set of risk metrics including key risk exposures and early warning indicators
Skills and experience required
- Master’s degree or PhD in Economics, Finance, or related fields
- 8+ years of experience in investments, of which at least 2 years in risk management related roles
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with MatLab and/or R, Bloomberg and other data providers
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Ability to take ownership of projects, with a strong focus on quality and accuracy
- Great leader and team player with a passion for investments combined with a strong work ethic and integrity