Your role and primary responsibilities
MDOTM is looking for an outstanding data analyst with strong analytical skills and knowledge in math and statistics. In this internship you will be working within our R&D team and help develop MDOTM’s investment strategies.
Your tasks will include
- Support the R&D team in research and data analysis for the development of algorithms and investment strategies.
- Analyzing datasets and selecting the appropriate data representation methods
- Performing research and analysis on academic papers as the basis of future investment strategies’ developments
- Being always up to date on the latest developments and breakthroughs in the field
- Working well as part of the R&D team and collaborating with different business functions on the entire lifecycle of the projects
Skills and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree, or currently pursuing a degree, in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Finance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and in particular Excel
- Knowledge of software such as Mathlab and R is a highly valued asset
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg platform is a plus
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java is a plus
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them both in team and independently
- Willing to work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones and meeting deadlines
Please note that this is a curricular internship position.