MDOTM is a fintech company that provides understandable AI-driven investment strategies that clients can control. Founded in 2015, in 2017 we were the only European fintech company selected for the Silicon Valley acceleration program powered by Google for Entrepreneurs. Since then we have been growing continuously and now have clients across Europe. We apply Artificial Intelligence and advanced statistical techniques to vast amounts of financial data to develop investment strategies that exploit market inefficiencies. We work closely with our clients, which are exclusively institutional investors, to support them with high-level technology in their investment decision process.
Your role and primary responsibilities
MDOTM is looking for outstanding research scientists with a strong background in Artificial Intelligence, statistical Machine Learning, deep learning and reinforced learning. You will be working within our R&D team and help develop MDOTM’s investment strategies.
Your tasks will include
- Researching, designing and implementing appropriate Machine Learning algorithms
- Selecting appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Running Machine Learning tests and experiments, and performing statistical analysis
- Present in a clear and concise way complex results using intuitive and beautiful data visualisations
- Extending existing AI/ML libraries and frameworks
- Being always up to date on the latest developments and breakthroughs in the field
- Working well as part of the R&D team and collaborating with different business functions on the entire lifecycle of the projects
Skills and experience required
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical fields
- 3+ years of work experience in a industry, university, or government lab, in a role with primary emphasis on AI research
- Excellent teamwork skills are a must
- Strong skills in Machine Learning especially techniques such as Bagging, Bayesian models, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques, time series analysis, signal processing etc.
- Relevant coding experience in programming languages such as Python and Java
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them both in team and independently
- Willing to work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones and meeting deadlines
- Fluent in English both spoken and written