MDOTM is the European leader in AI-driven investment strategies. Founded in 2015, in 2017, we were the only European fintech startup selected by Google for their acceleration program in Silicon Valley. Since then, we have been growing continuously and successfully completed a Series A funding round (€ 2 M) in 2018 and Series B (€ 6.2 M) in September 2021. We have offices in London and Milan and we collaborate with prestigious universities through our research lab.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment and you are willing to take ownership, this is the right opportunity for you! Join us!
Your role and primary responsibilities
MDOTM is looking for an outstanding Administrative Manager to join our growing team in Milan. As an Administrative Manager, you will interact with various stakeholders across the organization and will work in close contact with the company’s top management to provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information for both the Italian company and its UK-based subsidiary.
Location: Milan Office.
Your tasks will include
- Managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, payments schedule, and customer and supplier payments
- Supporting and supervising a timely effective production of the financial statements
- Managing the monthly payroll activities
- Intervening on arising accounting issues or anomalies, promptly highlighting them and providing recommendations
- Actively participating in projects and initiatives
- Budget and expenses management and reporting
- Inputting and categorizing expenses on a spreadsheet model
- Reviewing contracts and ensuring the legal validity of payment requests
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and comply with business’ policies and objectives
Skills and experience required
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related technical fields
- 8+ years of proven work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Italian and foreign VAT obligations is a plus
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills and basic experience of using accounting softwares
- Fluent in English and Italian, both spoken and written
- Strategic planning skills